Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Collider Not Working
Although I am familiar with obi rope I am not able to find what is going wrong with my colliders. As you can see the rope passes through the collider

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-12-2021, 01:32 PM)tpaslou Wrote: Although I am familiar with obi rope I am not able to find what is going wrong with my colliders. As you can see the rope passes through the collider

Hi!

How’s your collision filter setup? Is the collider’s category covered by the rope’s collision mask, and viceversa?

You can set collision filters for the rope in the path editor, on a per-control point basis.
They weren't, this is a new feature of the latest obi rope version. 

Although, even with the collisions filter set as you can see, it still doesn't collide with the extinguisher  Indeciso

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(14-12-2021, 10:26 AM)tpaslou Wrote: They weren't, this is a new feature of the latest obi rope version. 

Although, even with the collisions filter set as you can see, it still doesn't collide with the extinguisher  Indeciso

I notice you have two box colliders in the object, but a ObiCollider for only one of them. Maybe the collider you're expecting the rope to collide against has no ObiCollider at all? Keep in mind that each ObiCollider wraps a single collider. You can set this collider in the "Source Collider" field of the ObiCollider component, by default this is the first collider found in your object but if there's multiple colliders you need to add one ObiCollider for each and manually specify which ObiCollider wraps which collider.

Otherwise, would you be so kind to send a repro project to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com so that i can take a look? thanks!