Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  OBI fluid setup problem with api or other unknown
Goodmorning everyone! I imported obi fluid, read the short documentation, inserted obi emitter into the scene as required, assigned a blueprint to the emitter but nothing works :-(
I also tried running the test / demo scenes but they don't work.
At the beginning of the import it reported a problem with the API telling me that the obi asset was using an old library and would overwrite my project libraries. So I told him not to. Could this be the problem?
i am making a project with hololens and mrtk. Some clue? Corazón

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(15-11-2021, 10:00 PM)DavideS Wrote: Goodmorning everyone! I imported obi fluid, read the short documentation, inserted obi emitter into the scene as required, assigned a blueprint to the emitter but nothing works :-(
I also tried running the test / demo scenes but they don't work.
At the beginning of the import it reported a problem with the API telling me that the obi asset was using an old library and would overwrite my project libraries. So I told him not to. Could this be the problem?
i am making a project with hololens and mrtk. Some clue? Corazón

The message shown by Unity just means there's some lines of code in Obi that use APIs that have been marked as "deprecated" in 2020.3. Unity is offering to upgrade them automatically, which you should accept. It won't overwrite any libraries in your project. Do make a backup before -as anytime Unity does some automatic processing in your project just in case it messes up-.

However, this is probably not the reason for your issue. Obi contains two physics engine backends: Burst (the default) and a fallback one (Oni). When using the fallback backend the only platforms supported are Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Quoting the asset description in the store:

Quote:Depends on the Burst, Jobs, Collections, and Mathematics packages, for compatibility with all platforms Burst can compile for. Without these packages, it can still run, but only in Windows, Mac,Linux, iOS and Android.

You're building for Hololens, so you'll need to install the required dependencies for Burst. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html
(16-11-2021, 08:34 AM)josemendez Wrote: The message shown by Unity just means there's some lines of code in Obi that use APIs that have been marked as "deprecated" in 2020.3. Unity is offering to upgrade them automatically, which you should accept. It won't overwrite any libraries in your project. Do make a backup before -as anytime Unity does some automatic processing in your project just in case it messes up-.

However, this is probably not the reason for your issue. Obi contains two physics engine backends: Burst (the default) and a fallback one (Oni). When using the fallback backend the only platforms supported are Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Quoting the asset description in the store:

You're building for Hololens, so you'll need to install the required dependencies for Burst. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html

thank you. Im trying to install packeges required but i find only BURST on packege manager. Other "no results found".
Can you indicate me how to find that please ? :-)
  • Collections 0.8.0-preview 5 or newer

• Mathematics 1.0.1 or newer

• Jobs 0.2.9-preview.15 or newer

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(16-11-2021, 06:02 PM)DavideS Wrote: thank you. Im trying to install packeges required but i find only BURST on packege manager. Other "no results found".
Can you indicate me how to find that please ? :-)
  • Collections 0.8.0-preview 5 or newer

• Mathematics 1.0.1 or newer

• Jobs 0.2.9-preview.15 or newer

Hi,

Preview packages are only shown if you enable them in the package manager. See:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/pack-preview.html

You can look for them by URL, using the Add Packages from git URL in the "+" sign at the top left corner of the manager, then typing their names:

com.unity.collections
com.unity.jobs
thank you.
The problem now is solved :-)

i let you know if it works in hololens and send you a preview ... interested? :-)
(16-11-2021, 08:44 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Preview packages are only shown if you enable them in the package manager. See:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/pack-preview.html

You can look for them by URL, using the Add Packages from git URL in the "+" sign at the top left corner of the manager, then typing their names:

com.unity.collections
com.unity.jobs

Hi! so, in hololens i see correctly fluid phisics but i see only in the right side of the visor ... in left i dont see nothing
suggestion? some angel for me?  Ángel
(17-11-2021, 10:58 AM)DavideS Wrote: Hi! so, in hololens i see correctly fluid phisics but i see only in the right side of the visor ... in left i dont see nothing
suggestion? some angel for me?  Ángel
Hi!

Fluid rendering in VR/AR requires a separate camera for each eye, each one with its own FluidRenderer component:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/faq.html

Quote:Does it support VR (Virtual Reality)?

Cloth, Rope and Softbodies support VR. For Obi Fluid, you will have to use separate cameras for each eye since the renderer does not support single-pass stereo rendering.