Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple rendering characteristics for URP?
Hi,

Since the ObiRenderingFeature for URP does not have target particle renderers list which we have in ObiFluidRenderer for built in rendering pipeline, I have no idea how to set multiple fluids with different rendering characteristics in a scene at the same time.
For example, I would like to use transparent fluid and opaque fluid together as you can see in the image below.
[Image: 3zIC062.png]
Is this doable only with built in rendering pipeline? If not, let me know where I need to look into, please.
Only doable with the built-in render pipeline. The reason for this is URP's render feature design: features are assets, stored separately from scenes. This means they can't reference anything in a scene, so you can't choose specific objects in the scene (particle renderers) to be used by specific features unlike you can in built-in.

The closest to this is using layers to filter objects, but this is both cumbersome and quite inefficient. See:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/srp-rend...sk.988202/

Quote:It is not possible to get a list of the objects that are going to be rendered, as this would currently be too inefficient. If you are drawing using DrawRenderers, you can use either the FilteringSettings.renderingLayerMask (seperate from the layer system that affects physics, also see Renderer.renderingLayerMask) or FilteringSettings.renderQueueRange (also see Material.renderQueue) to filter the objects that are drawn.

Note this only applies to rendering fluids with different materials. You can control fluid colors individually, using per-emitter, per-shape or per-particle colors.