Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slow falling cloth
I have generated a blueprint and am successfully seeing the cloth render and even do "clothy" things.  I instance it above the ground and it falls super slow.  It is rendering at over 300fps so its not a simulation problem(as far as I can tell).  I dug through all the examples and could not find why its so slow.  Maybe its the scale of the item?

Like its gravity is wrong.  I have attached the solver I am using.

Ok so the deal is when I import my model from blender I am using CM.  When I create cloth using blueprint its not converting right.  So my 23 meter item becomes 2324 meters  - which I think probably does fall pretty slow.

If anyone has dealt with this weird conversion before, please let me know how to fix it.  In the mean time I will see if I can figure it out myself.

Solution.  When looking at my model in Blender it had a scale 0f .01.  I applied the scale to the object and now its the size I need it to be and Obi is behaving incredible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-10-2021, 09:32 PM)dswigger Wrote: I have generated a blueprint and am successfully seeing the cloth render and even do "clothy" things.  I instance it above the ground and it falls super slow.  It is rendering at over 300fps so its not a simulation problem(as far as I can tell).  I dug through all the examples and could not find why its so slow.  Maybe its the scale of the item?

Like its gravity is wrong.  I have attached the solver I am using.

Ok so the deal is when I import my model from blender I am using CM.  When I create cloth using blueprint its not converting right.  So my 23 meter item becomes 2324 meters  - which I think probably does fall pretty slow.

If anyone has dealt with this weird conversion before, please let me know how to fix it.  In the mean time I will see if I can figure it out myself.

Solution.  When looking at my model in Blender it had a scale 0f .01.  I applied the scale to the object and now its the size I need it to be and Obi is behaving incredible.

We have a video about this issue:
https://youtu.be/5j7k_tJUSJc

If your transform has non-unit scale in blender, it means the mesh is being rendered larger or smaller than its actual physical size. In your case, it was being rendered at 1% of its size.

Applying the scale changes the mesh so that it matches the scale value, then resets the scale to 1. This way the scale reflects the actual size of the mesh. This is the correct solution as you already found Sonrisa