Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoftBody Is not generating particles for most meshes
Hi, i am trying to generate particles for all kinds of meshes, i was successful to generate particles for only one out of tens of meshes. I guess my questuion is what is the requirements on the meshes for softbody to be able to generate particles ?
(26-09-2021, 04:14 PM)smohser Wrote: Hi, i am trying to generate particles for all kinds of meshes, i was successful to generate particles for only one out of tens of meshes. I guess my questuion is what is the requirements on the meshes for softbody to be able to generate particles ?

Any mesh can be used to generate a softbody, there’s no special requirement of any kind. Just make sure that your mesh isn’ extremely small (sub-millimeter) or extremely large (several kilometers).

I’ve seen cases where meshes were exported at a miniscule size, and to compensate for this the transform hierarchy contained very large scale values (x100, x1000) to render the mesh much larger than it really was. Since softbodies are generated from the mesh alone (no scene transform hierarchy present) the default settings of particle radius = 10 cm results in no particles being generated for the case of very small meshes, or particles that are very far away from each other for very large meshes. I recorded a video specifically for this export issue:

https://youtu.be/5j7k_tJUSJc