Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Performance Issue
I've seen that Obi support mobile, I'm using the obi softbody, I am trying have multiple softbody with similar behavior of the barrels in deformation scene, but no matter what, even with 1 softbody with less than 30 particles, it's still very lag on my mobile, is it possible for it to work on mobile in terms of not lagging too much. is it because of my old phone? or anything that I'm doing wrong.
I'm using Samsung Note 5 and Obi Softbody 5.0.
(14-09-2021, 02:04 PM)TextGuy Wrote: I've seen that Obi support mobile, I'm using the obi softbody, I am trying have multiple softbody with similar behavior of the barrels in deformation scene, but no matter what, even with 1 softbody with less than 30 particles, it's still very lag on my mobile, is it possible for it to work on mobile in terms of not lagging too much. is it because of my old phone? or anything that I'm doing wrong.
I'm using Samsung Note 5 and Obi Softbody 5.0.

Obi 5.0 is quite old, does not make use of the Burst backend, which noticeably improves performance on Android (and most mobile devices). As a first step I'd update to the latest version (6.2) and use the Burst backend.

Then if performance is still an issue, profile your application using Unity's profiler to see what part of the simulation is taking most time, then focus on improving it. I can help you interpret profiler data if you need.

kind regards,
(14-09-2021, 02:11 PM)josemendez Wrote: Obi 5.0 is quite old, does not make use of the Burst backend, which noticeably improves performance on Android (and most mobile devices). As a first step I'd update to the latest version (6.2) and use the Burst backend.

Then if performance is still an issue, profile your application using Unity's profiler to see what part of the simulation is taking most time, then focus on improving it. I can help you interpret profiler data if you need.

kind regards,
I've tried building the game with the mobile 3D template of unity project instead of 3D template, and it helps improve the performance to a playable version, I am not very good on doing 3D game, mostly develop on 2D game, so I'm not sure why changing using the mobile template instead of regular 3D template helps improve the performance, my goal is to make a kinetic sand-like feeling on 3D, I was trying to fake it by having around 40 softbodies that can be press by a cube, I will try using the burst backend and see if it helps achieve my goals, thanks for replying!