Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth jumping on first frame
I have created a cloth attached to a character.

In the editor, the character appears in T-pose, and the cloth is attached to this character.

When I press play, the first frame of the character animation is not quite the same as the T-pose, and so the cloth jumps abruptly in the direction of the movement between T pose and the first frame of the animation.

This jump puts the cloth in a place I don't want to, and getting it out of there is very difficult.

How do I make sure the cloth doesn't jump in the first frame of animation?
(20-01-2018, 06:33 PM)panda_pajama Wrote: I have created a cloth attached to a character.

In the editor, the character appears in T-pose, and the cloth is attached to this character.

When I press play, the first frame of the character animation is not quite the same as the T-pose, and so the cloth jumps abruptly in the direction of the movement between T pose and the first frame of the animation.

This jump puts the cloth in a place I don't want to, and getting it out of there is very difficult.

How do I make sure the cloth doesn't jump in the first frame of animation?

Hi!

Deactivate the cloth component during the first frame, and activate it in the second frame. You can so this by using Unity's animation events.

cheers,
(20-01-2018, 07:15 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

Deactivate the cloth component during the first frame, and activate it in the second frame. You can so this by using Unity's animation events.

cheers,

Yep, this pretty much worked. Thanks.
(20-01-2018, 07:15 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

cheers,

excuse me. I have the same problem. I used obicloth 5.0.this.transform.GetComponent<ObiSkinnedCloth>().enabled = false in the code, but it did not solve the problem. Is it a version problem? Or what else?Thank you
(01-04-2020, 12:34 PM)YuanWenQiang Wrote: excuse me. I have the same problem. I used obicloth 5.0.this.transform.GetComponent<ObiSkinnedCloth>().enabled = false in the code, but it did not solve the problem. Is it a version problem? Or what else?Thank you

Hi,

Disabling the cloth works for me. Can you describe your setup? (how is your animation event setup, where's the solver placed, etc)
(03-04-2020, 09:02 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Disabling the cloth works for me. Can you describe your setup? (how is your animation event setup, where's the solver placed, etc)

Because I don't know how to insert the picture, I still put it in the attachment.

I also found a problem. When the first frame is hidden, in fact, the cloth calculation of the first frame is still in progress, so the bad phenomenon caused by the sudden change of the first frame still exists. Thank you

Attached Files
.docx   2.docx (Size: 168.5 KB / Downloads: 1)
(03-04-2020, 11:49 AM)YuanWenQiang Wrote: Because I don't know how to insert the picture, I still put it in the attachment.

I also found a problem. When the first frame is hidden, in fact, the cloth calculation of the first frame is still in progress, so the bad phenomenon caused by the sudden change of the first frame still exists. Thank you

Whats the "bad phenomenon" you're talking about? I still don't know what's the issue.

From the pics you sent (which is actually the same picture twice, as far as I can see), all I see is your cloth settings. At least I need to know: where's the solver in the hierarchy, what you're trying to do, the result you expect and the result you're getting.
(03-04-2020, 11:54 AM)josemendez Wrote: Whats the "bad phenomenon" you're talking about? I still don't know what's the issue.

From the pics you sent (which is actually the same picture twice, as far as I can see), all  I see is your cloth settings. At least I need to know: where's the solver in the hierarchy, what you're trying to do, the result you expect and the result you're getting.

Just now, we have found the reason for the first frame jump. You are right. Deactivate the cloth component during the first frame, and activate it in the second frame. I made a mistake.Sorry. However, there is another problem, which I will describe in detail in the attachment.