Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will Obi Softbody support mix animation and simulation in a single vertex?
Pregunta 
Obi Softbody docs says:

Note that currently, you cannot mix animation and simulation in a single vertex, unlike you can in ObiCloth. Vertices in a softbody character are either driven by animation, or driven by simulation, not both.

So i want to know did Obi have plan for doing this? when Obi will develop this or release this function?
(10-08-2021, 04:16 AM)obitester Wrote: Obi Softbody docs says:

Note that currently, you cannot mix animation and simulation in a single vertex, unlike you can in ObiCloth. Vertices in a softbody character are either driven by animation, or driven by simulation, not both.

So i want to know did Obi have plan for doing this? when Obi will develop this or release this function?

There's work being done in this direction. However it makes the asset significantly more complex to use, so we're looking into ways of simplifying the workflow. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tdmplqc_3U
(10-08-2021, 08:19 AM)josemendez Wrote: There's work being done in this direction. However it makes the asset significantly more complex to use, so we're looking into ways of simplifying the workflow. See:

I just checked the video, and that is exactly what I need for my game Gran sonrisa Gran sonrisa Gran sonrisa 

Please add it to product so I don't have to develop skeletal mesh softbody system myself Lengua Lengua Lengua

Can you give me some more info about when it will be public?

Thank you very much Corazón Corazón Corazón
(10-08-2021, 08:19 AM)josemendez Wrote: There's work being done in this direction. However it makes the asset significantly more complex to use, so we're looking into ways of simplifying the workflow. See:

Hi, This video exactly did what we want for our project. Is it possible you can share with me an insider version of this functionality, even it is complex to use? Better complex than never, right? I really want to make our project get going, Plz! Plz! Plz!
I'm excited to see this feature as well. I believe I'll be able to use it to execute some interesting effects.
(13-10-2021, 09:40 AM)Dave LeDev Wrote: I'm excited to see this feature as well. I believe I'll be able to use it to execute some interesting effects.

Hi there!

Sorry for taking so long to answer this, I've been working on this feature (which I call Full-Body Volumetric Softbody or FBVS) for a few months now. It's pretty much finished, only documentation and minor polishing left. Should be out in a few weeks.

In addition to this, many improvements to softbody blueprint generation workflow have been made:

- Geodesic voxel clustering: automatic optimal cluster radius, clusters don't "jump" trough gaps in the model. For instance, clusters from the right leg of a character won't include particles from the left leg, even if they're spatially very close.

- Topology-independent particle anisotropy: particle shape and orientation is automatically chosen, independent of model vertex density. No longer will areas with few vertices require to use a larger anisotropy radius for the entire model.

- Symmetry enforcement: particle and cluster layout is symmetric for symmetric models.

In practice, all this means no more hand-tuning of unintuitive blueprint parameters: there's a single "resolution" parameter now. Blueprint quality is much higher than in previous versions: less clusters, less particles, but much better placed.

Will give some more details very soon!
(21-10-2021, 02:36 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

Sorry for taking so long to answer this, I've been working on this feature (which I call Full-Body Volumetric Softbody or FBVS) for a few months now. It's pretty much finished, only documentation and minor polishing left. Should be out in a few weeks.

In addition to this, many improvements to softbody blueprint generation workflow have been made:

- Geodesic voxel clustering: automatic optimal cluster radius, clusters don't "jump" trough gaps in the model. For instance, clusters from the right leg of a character won't include particles from the left leg, even if they're spatially very close.

- Topology-independent particle anisotropy: particle shape and orientation is automatically chosen, independent of model vertex density. No longer will areas with few vertices require to use a larger anisotropy radius for the entire model.

- Symmetry enforcement: particle and cluster layout is symmetric for symmetric models.

In practice, all this means no more hand-tuning of unintuitive blueprint parameters: there's a single "resolution" parameter now. Blueprint quality is much higher than in previous versions: less clusters, less particles, but much better placed.

Will give some more details very soon!
Super excited for all of these!