Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope Bridge- Connecting multiple ropes to each other
I'm in Unity 2021 and trying to create a rope bridge with two lower ropes with board planks across them and two upper ropes for your typical hand hold.

I'm having great difficulty creating the ropes that connect the upper ropes to the lower ropes... I've tried obi stitcher and obi particle attachment using a dummy blocks top on the top and bottom ropes to join the 3 ropes together...

Nothing seems to work can you please create a demo that shows how to join 3 ropes to each other... something like the picture below or please explain how to do that... the current samples that come with obi ropes does not have any ropes tied/stitched to each other as an example...

I would appreciate any help... this has been frustrating me for several days now...
(06-08-2021, 01:21 AM)Smokehouse_Joe Wrote: I'm in Unity 2021 and trying to create a rope bridge with two lower ropes with board planks across them and two upper ropes for your typical hand hold.

I'm having great difficulty creating the ropes that connect the upper ropes to the lower ropes... I've tried obi stitcher and obi particle attachment using a dummy blocks top on the top and bottom ropes to join the 3 ropes together...

Nothing seems to work can you please create a demo that shows how to join 3 ropes to each other... something like the picture below or please explain how to do that... the current samples that come with obi ropes does not have any ropes tied/stitched to each other as an example...

I would appreciate any help... this has been frustrating me for several days now...

Hi there,

Using either dynamic attachments or stitches should work, and it's pretty straightforward. All you do is attach rope control points to rigidbodies (if using attachments) or rope particles directly to each other if using stitches). Can you give details about your attempts? what have you tried and why it failed? Also, do you need to do this at runtime or in-editor? (or both) Internally, stitchers use stitch constraints and dynamic attachments use pin constraints, both can be created at runtime too.

The included "RopeNet" sample scene generates a net of interconnected ropes using pin constraints 100% at runtime, it might be useful.