Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collision stopped working after update
Hi, for some reason my collisions nolonger work in my scene since the update. I'm not sure if i've changed anything, but collisions are on in the solver, tested with obi colliders of different phases. Do you have any ideas for why this is?
(06-07-2021, 12:59 PM)Hakazaba Wrote: Hi, for some reason my collisions nolonger work in my scene since the update. I'm not sure if i've changed anything, but collisions are on in the solver, tested with obi colliders of different phases. Do you have any ideas for why this is?

Hi!

The changelog and upgrade notes of 6.2 will give you the answer Sonrisa:

In 6.2, phase-based collision filtering has been replaced by a category/mask system, which is far more powerful and flexible than the old phase-based system. You will have to re-setup filtering, easiest way is to enter blueprint editor for each blueprint, select all your particles and set their "Collide with" property to "Everything".

Check our FAQ:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/faq.html

Quote:I've upgraded my project to Obi 6.2, and collisions are no longer working. Is this a bug?

Most likely the cause is that collisions are being filtered out. Obi 6.2 replaced the phase system with categories and masks, which are more flexible and easier to use. You will need to update your collision filtering setup. Easiest fix is to set your actor's and collider's "Collide with" masks to "Everything". See the collisions manual page for detailed info.

Also check the manual for 6.2 ("Collisions" page, "Collision filtering" section), it explains how collision filtering works now:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html

Let me know if you need further help.
Ok thank you very much
How do i set the collisions for particles added with path.addcontrolpoint?
(07-07-2021, 03:18 PM)Hakazaba Wrote: How do i set the collisions for particles added with path.addcontrolpoint?

One of the arguments for AddControlPoint is the filter. This is a 32-bit integer where the 16 most significant bits define the collision mask, and the 16 less significant bits define the category.

You can build the filter yourself using bitwise operations, and there's also helper functions if you don't want to mess with bits yourself. ObiUtils.MakeFilter will create the filter for you given a mask and a category. For instance:

Code:
int filter = ObiUtils.MakeFilter(ObiUtils.CollideWithEverything,0);

This builds a filter for category 0 that collides with everything.