Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particle Attachment Question
Pregunta 
Hello,

I've been trying to use the particle attachments for our softbody character, which seems to work perfectly until some point.

What I'm trying to achieve is, to create a behaviour just like the game called "Gumslinger" which uses this asset as you have mentioned in the comments section of one of your videos. Our game is going to have different mechanics implemented, which includes more animations such as running down a road. For that, I have a setup where I can switch between full softbody and softbody driven by animations.

I have seen a couple of comments and some early tests of your newest feature where we could have layers of particles for bones, muscles and skin which seemed like the perfect solution for our case. However, I am using your latest version and I'm guessing it's still in development. So I have found my own way to handle it, where I am using a couple of particle attachments to handle specific particles' positions (top of the head, hands, feet) which target the bones of an invisible animating character used as a reference.

Everything works well until I switch to softbody, move the character around using particle dragger (for now), and switch back to animation. It might be that my way of doing things are not right, or possibly there is something wrong with the particle attachment system which I highly doubt.

When the method to stand up the character by moving it's head to the reference animation's head position is invoked, it does the following;

The particle attachment is disabled at this time since I am disabling all attachments at the time of switching to softbody
  • Set the head particle attachment's target to the main character's head bone transform (which is almost always at the right position, I also have tried to manually set that position to the center of head group particles)
  • Enable the particle attachment
  • Lerp the attachment target's position to the position of our reference animation's head position.
  • Enable all particle attachments once lerping is complete, switch head particle attachment's target back to the animation's related bone transform.
After these steps, I usually end up having a gap between the particle group and particle attachment's target position. It behaves as if there is an offset, not always, though. Rarely, especially when there is not much movement on the softbody, it works as intended. Also at the time of this issue, I have tried to change the target transform to something else, and the moment I switch, the particle group goes straight onto that new position as usual, but the only issue is with the specific bone transform that I need to bound it with, there seems to be an offset only on that transform.

Here are the screenshots to help me describe the issue;
[Image: 4xLI7Re]

Thanks in advance.