Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  RopeAfterStretchCompression
(02-07-2021, 01:06 PM)josemendez Wrote: You can't move the object without physics and expect physics to work properly. If the object is involved with any kind of physics, both the object as well as all user input/interaction with it must be physically simulated.

Regarding stability, can you give more details? What's the mass of the object? is it much heavier than the rope?
As in this thread: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...ghlight=vr , but I can't use LateUpdate(because Grabbed objects moves in Fixed), I hooked to solverEnent(as U suggested), but it didn't help(think that  pulling script calculates Gravity and compensates it, but Rope counts on it), so when I turned off gravity- it stabilized...

I just found that U even have LateFixedUpdater- will try this...

I made strainChecker and release and it works pretty good(still prefer some less force, but bearable)...
(02-07-2021, 01:19 PM)alex798 Wrote: As in this thread: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...ghlight=vr , but I can't use LateUpdate(because Grabbed objects moves in Fixed), I hooked to solverEnent(as U suggested), but it didn't help(think that  pulling script calculates Gravity and compensates it, but Rope counts on it), so when I turned off gravity- it stabilized...

I made strainChecker and release and it works pretty good(still prefer some less force, but bearable)...

Updating the input in OnBeginStep should work, as it takes place before any physics (rope or rigidbodies). Using a ObiLateUpdater component is kind of a hacky solution, and the result can be non-physical. Can only really recommend for eye candy stuff.

As a rule of thumb physics must be updated in FixedUpdate(), using a fixed timestep. Use ObiLateUpdater only as a last resort.
Due to performance reasons(no offend- Your ropes has good optimization, but my boss is kind of perfectionist soooo he switch them off if attachment targets not pulled) i need to enable and disable obiRope often, and during this process some attachment poins sometimes move from target(1-2 sm), and when I enable rope this distance remains(sometimes even without disabling- just random offset)... Is it possible to reattach pin to target?