Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope not colliding with Obi Colliders after upgrading to 6.2
I am pretty sure I was using 6.1 previously with no issues. 
I create a rope at runtime...similar to the grapple hook demo. This was working perfectly before, but now my ropes do not collide with obi colliders after upgrading.
is there anything extra we need to do now to get the ropes to collide properly? Similar issue in the 'Chains' demo. Also noticed some differences in the components. Maybe there is a variable that needs to be changed?

Test steps
- Open 'Chains' Demo
- Press Play
- Drag box around
- Chain goes through the floor

[Image: nwP057f.jpg]

Thanks,
(22-06-2021, 06:00 PM)toomasio Wrote: I am pretty sure I was using 6.1 previously with no issues. 
I create a rope at runtime...similar to the grapple hook demo. This was working perfectly before, but now my ropes do not collide with obi colliders after upgrading.
is there anything extra we need to do now to get the ropes to collide properly? Similar issue in the 'Chains' demo. Also noticed some differences in the components. Maybe there is a variable that needs to be changed?

Test steps
- Open 'Chains' Demo
- Press Play
- Drag box around
- Chain goes through the floor

[Image: nwP057f.jpg]
Thanks,

Hi!

The changelog and upgrade notes of 6.2 will give you the answer: in 6.2, phase based collision filtering has been replaced by a category/mask system.

Enter edit path mode for your rope(s), select your control points and set the “Collides with” field to “Everything”.

Also check the manual for 6.2:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html

Let me know if you need further help.
(22-06-2021, 06:39 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

The changelog and upgrade notes of 6.2 will give you the answer: in 6.2, phase based collision filtering has been replaced by a category/mask system.

Enter edit path mode for your rope(s), select your control points and set the “Collides with” field to “Everything”.

Also check the manual for 6.2:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html

Let me know if you need further help.

Thanks! If anyone else is running into this issue for runtime code, you need to add a "filter" to your control points.

Code:
int filter = ObiUtils.MakeFilter(ObiUtils.CollideWithEverything,0);

// Procedurally generate the rope path (a simple straight line):
        blueprint.path.Clear();
        blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(Vector3.zero, -localHit.normalized, localHit.normalized, Vector3.up, 0.1f, 0.1f, 1, filter, Color.white, "Hook start");
        blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(localHit, -localHit.normalized, localHit.normalized, Vector3.up, 0.1f, 0.1f, 1, filter, Color.white, "Hook end");
        blueprint.path.FlushEvents();