Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Rope Collider
Hello there,

Currently I am working on a game. In this game I have a rope and ball. Basically I want to do drag rope and push ball. But I've a problem with colliders I believe. When I added box collider it affects shape of my rope.

[Image: Qdy21GD.png]

After I edited box collider I solved that problem but I want to push ball with Rope drag but also ball needs to follow rope when It dragged. But it stays on box collider and I cannot push up.

I dont know If I need to add something else or there are another ways to do it.

[Image: 48KC8FN.png]
[Image: ZIMKLWR.png]
Hi!

I don’t fully understand the purpose of the box collider in this case. Why do you need a collider to begin with? Is the ball colliding with the rope not enough for some reason?

Removing the box collider would allow the ball to fall on the rope, which is what you want if I understood correctly.
Removing the box collider would allow the ball to fall on the rope, which is what you want if I understood correctly.

Hmm, I couldn't do that without collider. Without collider ball doesnt fall on rope. It just pass inside of rope . How can I do it? I think collision doesnt work for me or I am doing something wrong Triste

Okay I fixed it! I added Obi collider to ball and it works now!
(01-06-2021, 06:20 PM)Glenicus Wrote: Okay I fixed it! I added Obi collider to ball and it works now!

Glad you found it! You need to add a ObiCollider component to any collider that you want to interact with Obi. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html