Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope Tangent Help
Hello,

I used the real-time generate hook sample to generate a rope for my crane game. It works fine on start, but when I change the rope length and have the jib up, it doesn't behave it should in real world

This what I have when I generate the rope in scene

And this is how it behave when I have the jib up and increase the rope length. I am expecting the rope should drop like the red line does.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Derek
(27-05-2021, 04:46 PM)LORDeveloper Wrote: Hello,

I used the real-time generate hook sample to generate a rope for my crane game. It works fine on start, but when I change the rope length and have the jib up, it doesn't behave it should in real world

This what I have when I generate the rope in scene

And this is how it behave when I have the jib up and increase the rope length. I am expecting the rope should drop like the red line does.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Derek

Are you rotating the solver together with the jib by any chance? Simulation is always performed in solver space, so rotating the solver also rotates gravity.

If so, the solution is simply to place the solver outside the rotating part of the crane, or pass the gravity expressed in solver space.

If this isn’t your case, I’d need more details about your setup.

Kind regards,
(27-05-2021, 04:56 PM)josemendez Wrote: Are you rotating the solver together with the jib by any chance? Simulation is always performed in solver space, so rotating the solver also rotates gravity.

If so, the solution is simply to place the solver outside the rotating part of the crane, or pass the gravity expressed in solver space.

If this isn’t your case, I’d need more details about your setup.

Kind regards,

YES! This works! Thank you!