Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Tearable plastic bags issue
Hello,

I've been trying to manipulate obi tearable cloth on Unity 2017.2, and everything went well until I tried to make a closed bag. I'm using a "closed" mesh, like a sphere, so that may be the issue here : when I try tearing the cloth it results in incoherent triangles scaling at random where it should have been separated. 

I take it that it may be impossible to use completely closed meshes, but can you confirm Huh ? I've also tried with the basic Unity sphere and got the same result. However I'm having no issues with planes and such.
(15-01-2018, 08:39 AM)jedi8421 Wrote: Hello,

I've been trying to manipulate obi tearable cloth on Unity 2017.2, and everything went well until I tried to make a closed bag. I'm using a "closed" mesh, like a sphere, so that may be the issue here : when I try tearing the cloth it results in incoherent triangles scaling at random where it should have been separated. 

I take it that it may be impossible to use completely closed meshes, but can you confirm Huh ? I've also tried with the basic Unity sphere and got the same result. However I'm having no issues with planes and such.

This seems to be a bug, indeed. Will take a look at it and get back to you.

thanks for reporting it!
(15-01-2018, 08:39 AM)jedi8421 Wrote: Hello,

Found the issue. Actually, it is not caused by closed meshes, but by meshes with normal/uv seams. It will take a couple days to fix it, after that I will send you an updated library file and instructions to replace yours with the fixed one.

cheers!
(15-01-2018, 05:55 PM)josemendez Wrote: Found the issue. Actually, it is not caused by closed meshes, but by meshes with normal/uv seams. It will take a couple days to fix it, after that I will send you an updated library file and instructions to replace yours with the fixed one.

cheers!

Thank you very much for the lightning-speed answer ! I'll wait until you find how to fix this Gran sonrisa
Hi there ! 

Came to see if you had any news about the solution you mentionned? Maybe it's already been included in a library update ?
Let me know !  Sonrisa
(22-02-2018, 11:06 AM)jedi8421 Wrote: Hi there ! 

Came to see if you had any news about the solution you mentionned? Maybe it's already been included in a library update ?
Let me know !  Sonrisa

Hi there!

3.3 solved this issue. You can download it from the Asset Store:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/to...loth-81333

Let me know how it goes! Sonrisa
Dedo arriba 
(22-02-2018, 11:12 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

3.3 solved this issue. You can download it from the Asset Store:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/to...loth-81333

Let me know how it goes! Sonrisa

Hello ! No more issues so far, that's great.

Thank you !  Gran sonrisa