Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Getting Started Help
Hey friends,

I am not quite sure what I am missing. I followed the first tutorial video and can't seem to get a rope to render. I took a video of what I am encountering. I'd sure appreciate anyone's insight! I am using unity 2019.25 and URP. 

If I make other ropes from the example scenes prefabs, it will come in just fine. But I can't seem to create one from scratch.

Thanks!
KJ
(04-05-2021, 07:24 PM)kellyrayj Wrote: Hey friends,

I am not quite sure what I am missing. I followed the first tutorial video and can't seem to get a rope to render. I took a video of what I am encountering. I'd sure appreciate anyone's insight! I am using unity 2019.25 and URP. 

If I make other ropes from the example scenes prefabs, it will come in just fine. But I can't seem to create one from scratch.

Thanks!
KJ

Hi there,

There seems to be no ObiFixedUpdater component in your solver. This component controls when and how solvers are updated (both simulation and rendering).

Obi will automatically add one unless there's already an updater in the scene. Check whether your solver is being added to an existing updater, and if so, make sure the updater is enabled. If you can't find an updater, add one to your solver and then drag the solver to the updater's solver list.

Most sample scenes do have a ObiUpdater component in the solver, so that's probably why the ropes in them work.

For more info, see:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...cture.html

let me know how it goes!
Yes that seems to have fixed it. I had one of the sample prefabs disabled in the scene. Once I got rid of it, and added the rope from the menu, it appears.