Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Build failure - Obi shader errors
Exclamación 
I've just added ObiCloth to my project, and am trying to create a build. The build fails with several errors during shader compilation.

My setup:
- Compiling a Windows build
- Unity 2020.3.5f1 (the latest LTS release)
- ObiCloth 6.0.1 (the latest from the Asset Store)
- I'm using the Standard renderer - so it's possible I should just be removing those URP particle shaders from my project? (Two of the errors refer to URP shaders, and 2 refer to Standard shaders.)

Code:
Shader error in 'Particles/Alpha Blended Premultiply Lit': 'UnityObjectToViewPos': no matching 1 parameter function at line 61 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with SOFTPARTICLES_ON
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE
Disabled keywords: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

Shader error in 'Particles/Alpha Blended Premultiply Lit': invalid subscript 'vertex' at line 61 (on d3d11)

Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE
Disabled keywords: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

Shader error in 'Obi/URP/Particles': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl'. at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP/ObiLightingURP.cginc(3)

Compiling Vertex program with _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
Disabled keywords: _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _SHADOWS_SOFT UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

Shader error in 'Obi/URP/Simple Particles': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl'. at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP/ObiLightingURP.cginc(3)

Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
Disabled keywords: _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _SHADOWS_SOFT UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

Error building Player: 4 errors

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 96 seconds (95527 ms)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 5 errors
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002ca] in <411aa9fd83b6416fab626ca292954771>:0
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <411aa9fd83b6416fab626ca292954771>:0
(27-04-2021, 05:55 PM)timconkling Wrote: I've just added ObiCloth to my project, and am trying to create a build. The build fails with several errors during shader compilation.

My setup:
- Compiling a Windows build
- Unity 2020.3.5f1 (the latest LTS release)
- ObiCloth 6.0.1 (the latest from the Asset Store)
- I'm using the Standard renderer - so it's possible I should just be removing those URP particle shaders from my project? (Two of the errors refer to URP shaders, and 2 refer to Standard shaders.)

Code:
Shader error in 'Particles/Alpha Blended Premultiply Lit': 'UnityObjectToViewPos': no matching 1 parameter function at line 61 (on d3d11)

Shader error in 'Particles/Alpha Blended Premultiply Lit': invalid subscript 'vertex' at line 61 (on d3d11)

Shader error in 'Obi/URP/Particles': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl'. at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP/ObiLightingURP.cginc(3)

Shader error in 'Obi/URP/Simple Particles': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl'. at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP/ObiLightingURP.cginc(3)

Error building Player: 4 errors

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 96 seconds (95527 ms)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 5 errors
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002ca] in <411aa9fd83b6416fab626ca292954771>:0
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <411aa9fd83b6416fab626ca292954771>:0

If you’re not using URP, you don't need the URP shaders in your project. You can safely remove the entire Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP folder.

The “alpha blended premultiply” shader should work though, unless UnityObjectToViewPos is not available for some reason. This shader is just a sample shader, only used in a sample scene so you can remove it if needed. Won’t affect the asset in any way.
(27-04-2021, 06:22 PM)josemendez Wrote: If you’re not using URP, you don't need the URP shaders in your project. You can safely remove the entire Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP folder.

The “alpha blended premultiply” shader should work though, unless UnityObjectToViewPos is not available for some reason. This shader is just a sample shader, only used in a sample scene so you can remove it if needed. Won’t affect the asset in any way.

Thanks - removing the URP shaders actually fixed all the errors, even the ones related to those Standard shaders.
(27-04-2021, 06:22 PM)josemendez Wrote: If you’re not using URP, you don't need the URP shaders in your project. You can safely remove the entire Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP folder.

Hello,

I am using URP. What should I do in this situation?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(28-06-2021, 10:09 PM)EbruBozkurt Wrote: Hello,

I am using URP. What should I do in this situation?

You can safely remove that particular shader from the project, it is only used in a sample scene, and only compatible with the built-in pipeline.
(28-06-2021, 10:33 PM)josemendez Wrote: You can safely remove that particular shader from the project, it is only used in a sample scene, and only compatible with the built-in pipeline.

thank you, it fixed all errors