Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Weird behaviour
(21-04-2021, 08:31 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

If adjusting the amount of pin constraint iterations (in the ObiSolver, see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html) does not solve this, the issue is clearly elsewhere.

I can't see anything wrong with the setup images you shared. If you want I can take a look at the project myself, if you send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.

If by any chance, we can get the world position at the end of the rope? Maybe I can just move the model to that point manually by script.

Upload and share screenshots and images - print screen online | Snipboard.io
(21-04-2021, 08:45 AM)dhon2407 Wrote: If by any chance, we can get the world position at the end of the rope? Maybe I can just move the model to that point manually by script.

Upload and share screenshots and images - print screen online | Snipboard.io

You can use the "ObiRopeAttach" utility script (/Obi/Scripts/RopeAndRod/Utils/ObiRopeAttach.cs). You place it on an object, and then you can pass a normalized length parameter (in the 0,1 range, 0 being the start of the rope and 1 the end). The object will be moved to that point in the rope.

However this won't enable any two-way coupling between the object and the rope, the object will blindly follow the rope.