Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Colliders go through the clothes
I have set up capsule colliders at the legs of the human model and have added the "Obi Collider" component. 
but when the human runs, the legs will come out of the suit. 

How can I solve this problem? Thanks!

Here are some screenshots of my parameters In the attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What's the radius of your skirt particles? The colliders seem quite thin and the cloth geometry very sparse, so maybe they're just not hitting any particles. You can add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your cloth to visualize and debug particles.
(13-04-2021, 11:17 AM)josemendez Wrote: What's the radius of your skirt particles? The colliders seem quite thin and the cloth geometry very sparse, so maybe they're just not hitting any particles. You can add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your cloth to visualize and debug particles.

Radius is 0.01.These particles can be seen, but they are still passed through by the colliders.

(13-04-2021, 11:25 AM)jQuery Wrote: Radius is 0.01.These particles can be seen, but they are still passed through by the colliders.

The skin radius for these particles is 0.05, which is quite low. Maybe they're unable to move because the skin constraints are holding them in place? Remember that particles can't move away from their skinned position further than the skin radius.
(13-04-2021, 11:31 AM)josemendez Wrote: The skin radius for these particles is 0.05, which is quite low. Maybe they're unable to move because the skin constraints are holding them in place? Remember that particles can't move away from their skinned position further than the skin radius.

So I modified the skin radius at the bottom of the skirt and set it to 1, so the particles should be able to move far enough.

But the above problem still occurs...

Increase the particle radius as suggested earlier.

Only particles can collide with colliders, so if your particles are very small, the collider will be able to get trough the cloth easily.

Alternatively you could use surface collisions, but they are more expensive than regular, particle-based collisions. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html
(13-04-2021, 12:00 PM)josemendez Wrote: Increase the particle radius as suggested earlier.

Only particles can collide with colliders, so if your particles are very small, the collider will be able to get trough the cloth easily.

Alternatively you could use surface collisions, but they are more expensive than regular, particle-based collisions. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html

Thank josemendez for your patient answer !

Currently.
1. I set "radius"=0.02 to make sure the particles are enough to collide with the collider. In the "Obi Particle Renderer", I can also see that the particles are already quite large.

2. I have also set "skin radius"=1 to ensure that the particles can move a large distance.

But there is still a problem. 
You can see in the circle of the picture that the particles are trapped in the collider, which makes me a bit confused.

I don't know if there is a problem with the collider settings, which are also in the attachment.

Many thanks.

(Note that you don't need to change the radius for all particles, it is fine to enlarge the ones in the skirt only)

It's hard to diagnose just from the screenshot, but this could be caused by having interpolation enabled in the solver settings. I'm not 100% sure though.

Interpolation always causes a 1-frame delay. It's just how it works, as in interpolates the last frame position with the current frame position. Try disabling interpolation, see if that reduces/eliminates the "sinking" into the collider. From the manual:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html
Quote:However, Interpolate will introduce a 1-frame delay between the actual physical location of particles and the position they're rendered at. Keep this in mind when using interpolation around other objects in the scene.

If this isn't the cause, would it be possible for me to take a look at the actual scene? you can share it by sending to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. Thanks!
(13-04-2021, 12:32 PM)josemendez Wrote: (Note that you don't need to change the radius for all particles, it is fine to enlarge the ones in the skirt only)

It's hard to diagnose just from the screenshot, but this could be caused by having interpolation enabled in the solver settings. I'm not 100% sure though.

Interpolation always causes a 1-frame delay. It's just how it works, as in interpolates the last frame position with the current frame position. Try disabling interpolation, see if that reduces/eliminates the "sinking" into the collider. From the manual:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html

If this isn't the cause, would it be possible for me to take a look at the actual scene? you can share it by sending to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. Thanks!

Thanks, I have sent you an email with test scene.