Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change a softbody scale /make different solvers interact together?
So basically, I'm making a multiplayer game where my players are softbody and they need to be able to change size mostly at will.  Since I need them to interact with each other, they are all in the same solver so I can't simply change the solver scale. (Unless there is somehow a way to make different solvers interact together and I didn't know about it, if so pls explain). I have a feeling that what I'm asking is impossible and I have some alternative solutions in case it is, but I have some hope. Thank for any help you can provide
(02-04-2021, 11:14 PM)imbalex0 Wrote: So basically, I'm making a multiplayer game where my players are softbody and they need to be able to change size mostly at will.  Since I need them to interact with each other, they are all in the same solver so I can't simply change the solver scale. (Unless there is somehow a way to make different solvers interact together and I didn't know about it, if so pls explain). I have a feeling that what I'm asking is impossible and I have some alternative solutions in case it is, but I have some hope. Thank for any help you can provide

Not possible unfortunately. Mathematically, it’s not possible to change the scale of a deformable object using a transform (a single affine transform, that is). You can only do so for linear spaces.

Solvers can’t interact with each other, as that would require some sort of “super-solver” above all of them.

So there’s unfortunately no way to do what you want.
(07-04-2021, 04:18 AM)josemendez Wrote: Not possible unfortunately. Mathematically, it’s not possible to change the scale of a deformable object using a transform (a single affine transform, that is). You can only do so for linear spaces.

Solvers can’t interact with each other, as that would require some sort of “super-solver” above all of them.

So there’s unfortunately no way to do what you want.
I thought so, thank for the answer. Now at least I know for sure.