Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope not rendered in 2019.4.22
(01-04-2021, 02:37 PM)josemendez Wrote: I've tried to reproduce this in Ubuntu 10.4.3 LTS (Virtual Box, which is where we build the native library for Linux) using Unity 2019.3.1f1 to no avail. It's really strange that Unity can't find the library despite it being there. This sounds like a problem with the Unity installation, the OS, or both.

The console log doesn't really help much, since any call to a function defined in the lib (in this case, OniBackend.CreateSolver) will trigger the DllNotFoundException.

For the time being installing the Burst dependencies should help, as the Burst backend (the default backend) does not use any library:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html

Just to get it right: you were previously using Unity 2020 in Ubuntu 18.04, downgraded to Unity 2019.4 and it stopped working, correct?

Also, could you share the content of the editor logs? There, a list of places where Unity -unsuccessfully- looked for the library should appear.

Hi Jose, thanks for trying to reproduce the problem!

Yes I was previously using 2020 and then installed a 2019.4.22 LTS after which I created this new project to just test if things still work.

Thanks for the Burst dependecier link, I will try to install that. And btw at the Backend in Obi Solver I read a warning saying 'The Burst backend depends on the following packages: Mathematics, Collections and Burst. The default backend (Oni) will be used instead, if possible.' I suppose this shouldn't be related, but just in case.

I opened the Editor.log at ~/.config/unity3d but did not find the unsuccessfully tag. Here are the logs before it shows 'DllNotFoundException: libOni'
Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.30 ms, found 1 plugins.
Fallback handler could not load library /home/haining/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.22f1/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni
Fallback handler could not load library /home/haining/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.22f1/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/haining/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.22f1/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni
Fallback handler could not load library /home/haining/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.22f1/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni.so

Then I checked that indeed Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.22f1/Editor/Data does not have even folder Mono. Will it help if I reinstall 2019.4.22?

Many thanks Sonrisa
(01-04-2021, 03:03 PM)Henning Wrote: Hi Jose, thanks for trying to reproduce the problem!

Yes I was previously using 2020 and then installed a 2019.4.22 LTS after which I created this new project to just test if things still work.

Thanks for the Burst dependecier link, I will try to install that. And btw at the Backend in Obi Solver I read a warning saying 'The Burst backend depends on the following packages: Mathematics, Collections and Burst. The default backend (Oni) will be used instead, if possible.' I suppose this shouldn't be related, but just in case.

I opened the Editor.log at ~/.config/unity3d but did not find the unsuccessfully tag. Here are the logs before it shows 'DllNotFoundException: libOni'
Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.30 ms, found 1 plugins.

Then I checked that indeed Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.22f1/Editor/Data does not have even folder Mono. Will it help if I reinstall 2019.4.22?

Many thanks Sonrisa

I have installed the dependencies for Burst and everything works now! Thanks!