Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bend through holes
Hi, I am surprised by how good such assets perform in the demo videos, and I am considering buying it to complete my current game projects.

I wonder it is possible by using this soft-body assets to make game objects that are able bend themselves to pass through holes with size slightly smaller than the game objects. Also, if the soft game objects can bend and pass the hole, can it retain its shape without crashing after that?
(27-03-2021, 11:16 PM)rluo01 Wrote: Hi, I am surprised by how good such assets perform in the demo videos, and I am considering buying it to complete my current game projects.

I wonder it is possible by using this soft-body assets to make game objects that are able bend themselves to pass through holes with size slightly smaller than the game objects. Also, if the soft game objects can bend and pass the hole, can it retain its shape without crashing after that?

I'd advise against relying on collisions for passing objects trough small holes, regardless of what physics engine you use. The reason for this is simple: holes are concave, concave colliders are usually implemented as surface-only (as inside/outside tests for arbitrary concave polihedra are not cheap), and this will likely result in tunneling.

Depending on your use case, it *could* work, but it's hard to say without more details. Can you be a little bit more specific?