Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android (Oculus Quest) Virtual Reality and OBI Fluid
(18-10-2023, 04:53 AM)PixaPatrick Wrote: Hi, I just purchased Obi Fluid and didn't realize there were issues with VR as I've used Obi Ropes before in VR. 

I have rendering set to multipass, I'm using the OVRCameraRig from Oculus, and I have it set to use a camera for each eye. I have an Obi Fluid Renderer on each eye, but I still can not see the fluid in the sample scenes. I'm using the Faucet scene and I can only see the shadow of he water. I can not see the water itself. 

Is there anything that I am missing?

Best,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Which render pipeline are you using?
Hi Jose, 

Thanks for your quick response. 

I'm using the Built-In Render pipeline. Do I need to us URP?

Best,
Patrick
(18-10-2023, 04:40 PM)PixaPatrick Wrote: I'm using the Built-In Render pipeline. Do I need to us URP?

Best,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

No, I was asking because the fluid renderer setup for each pipeline is completely different. A common pitfall is to use the setup in the sample scenes (which are authored for the built-in pipeline) but with URP instead, which won't work.

I just tested this on Quest 1 and could see the fluid without issue. Do you get any errors/warnings in the console regarding shaders? Which headset are you using?
(19-10-2023, 06:39 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Patrick,

No, I was asking because the fluid renderer setup for each pipeline is completely different. A common pitfall is to use the setup in the sample scenes (which are authored for the built-in pipeline)  but with URP instead, which won't work.

I just tested this on Quest 1 and could see the fluid without issue. Do you get any errors/warnings in the console regarding shaders? Which headset are you using?

I'm using the Quest Pro and the Unity 2022 LTS. Are you using the OVRCameraRig or do you have a custom setup for your camera? I'm using the OVRCameraRig with the camera per eye settings and an Obi Fluid Renderer on each eye camera.

Best,
Patrick
(19-10-2023, 01:56 PM)PixaPatrick Wrote: I'm using the Quest Pro and the Unity 2022 LTS. Are you using the OVRCameraRig or do you have a custom setup for your camera? I'm using the OVRCameraRig with the camera per eye settings and an Obi Fluid Renderer on each eye camera.

Best,
Patrick

The error was on my end.

I was using the Link cable and I had only set the Android output to Multipass, not the PC. It's working now. Unfortunately because of performance I think it will not be an option. 

Thanks for your quick responses. 

Best,
Patrick
(19-10-2023, 11:59 PM)PixaPatrick Wrote: The error was on my end.

I was using the Link cable and I had only set the Android output to Multipass, not the PC. It's working now. Unfortunately because of performance I think it will not be an option. 

Thanks for your quick responses. 

Best,
Patrick

I'm noticing a difference between what's rendered in the right eye vs. the left eye in the faucet sample. When the fluid pools up in the bucket, one eye is blurrier and appears to have stronger highlights. It gives a cross eyed feeling. Is there anything I can do to adjust that?

Best,
Patrick