Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiCurve component missing
Hello,

I am new to Obi and have started playing around with generating obi ropes through scripting and have been looking through the example scripts. I am particularly interested in the Runtime Rope Generator script. However, when I try to load it the ObiCurve component is missing from the folder hierarchy. The only asset that has the name ObiCurve in the latest download is the ObiCurve icon and there is no cs file that it could be linked to.

Could this be a problem with the latest build (Obi 6)? or am I missing something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-03-2021, 03:28 PM)alehrecke Wrote: Hello,

I am new to Obi and have started playing around with generating obi ropes through scripting and have been looking through the example scripts. I am particularly interested in the Runtime Rope Generator script. However, when I try to load it the ObiCurve component is missing from the folder hierarchy. The only asset that has the name ObiCurve in the latest download is the ObiCurve icon and there is no cs file that it could be linked to.

Could this be a problem with the latest build (Obi 6)? or am I missing something?

ObiCurve has been replaced by ObiPath, the Runtime Rope Generator script is mostly commented out and only included for backwards compatibility (there's users still using Obi 4 and even older versions, removing the script would cause missing references in existing scenes)

The GrapplingHook sample script is up to date (Obi 6.0) and it does pretty much the same: generate a rope at runtime between two points. See the AttachHook() method in particular.

let me know if you need further help. kind regards,