Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Lying Rope On Surface
Hello! 

I want to make a model where some roots going around a spherical object. Like on the brain I have attached.

It is possible to make it with rope? If yes, how? If not, what do you recommend for me to do that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-03-2021, 07:37 PM)r3dmatt Wrote: Hello! 

I want to make a model where some roots going around a spherical object. Like on the brain I have attached.

It is possible to make it with rope? If yes, how? If not, what do you recommend for me to do that?

Hi there,

Obi is a physics engine, so it won't help you much with modeling. Unless you want the roots to be physically simulated in some way, or the user to be able to interact with them (moving them around, ripping them off the surface, etc), this would be best done using a 3D modeling package, either manually or procedurally.

If you want to go the procedural way, maybe using a "ivy" generator asset/tool directly inside Unity would be an option. Like this one: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/to...tor-181402
(Note I'm not the developer of this particular asset or affiliated with them in any way)