Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  OBI ROPE SHAKING POINT
Hi guys, I am having a shaking problem at the attachment point of the rope (obi grappling hook script) can you help me? Please see gif Sonrisa

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-03-2021, 11:33 AM)Furyz Wrote: Hi guys, I am having a shaking problem at the attachment point of the rope (obi grappling hook script) can you help me? Please see gif Sonrisa

Hi there!

Looks like the situation described in the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

If you attach a rope overlapping a collider, collision and attachment will fight each other resulting in jittering. You can use phases to disable collisions between the attachment and the last part of the rope.

cheers,
(08-03-2021, 08:17 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

Looks like the situation described in the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

If you attach a rope overlapping a collider, collision and attachment will fight each other resulting in jittering. You can use phases to disable collisions between the attachment and the last part of the rope.

cheers,

Firstly thanks josemendez. I looked at the link you sent. I phase value of the particles is 0, the phase value in the collider is 0. however the hook point changes in this way. I guess I don't fully understand what I have to do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-03-2021, 11:52 AM)Furyz Wrote: Firstly thanks josemendez. I looked at the link you sent. I phase value of the particles is 0, the phase value in the collider is 0. however the hook point changes in this way. I guess I don't fully understand what I have to do.

Is your character being explicitly moved by a script? (instead of being a rigidbody?) If so, remember that physics in Unity take place in FixedUpdate() and that it is called at a different rate than Update(). If you update your character in Update() this can lead to the rope and the character getting out of sync.
(08-03-2021, 12:03 PM)josemendez Wrote: Is your character being explicitly moved by a script? (instead of being a rigidbody?) If so, remember that physics in Unity take place in FixedUpdate() and that it is called at a different rate than Update(). If you update your character in Update() this can lead to the rope and the character getting out of sync.
all the action is happening within fixedupdate. I noticed that the side of the rope that touches the collider is shaking. The flickering stops when selecting the kinematic option. but that's not what I want. did not improve with phase. this is really annoying.
(08-03-2021, 09:58 PM)Furyz Wrote: all the action is happening within fixedupdate. I noticed that the side of the rope that touches the collider is shaking. The flickering stops when selecting the kinematic option. but that's not what I want. did not improve with phase. this is really annoying.

Hi,

I believe we're also talking about the same subject via email (Furkan, right?), please use one of the two methods (email or forum) so that things won't get confusing Sonrisa. thanks!
(09-03-2021, 11:29 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I believe we're also talking about the same subject via email (Furkan, right?), please use one of the two methods (email or forum) so that things won't get confusing Sonrisa. thanks!
Yes He is me Gran sonrisa Then Lets mail Gran sonrisa

(09-03-2021, 11:44 AM)Furyz Wrote: Yes He is me Gran sonrisa Then Lets mail Gran sonrisa

Hi guys, solved the problem. The problem was caused by a local position code trying to keep rigidbody and character constant. Pay attention to this if you are moving with the rigidbody. Thanks.