Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging Cloth and Softbody Obi error
I am attempting to introduce the ObiSoftbody components into a project that contains Obi Cloth. I've updated both packages to the current (6.0.1) versions, but for some reason still receiving an error.  

Code:
Assets\Obi\Scripts\Softbody\Actors\ObiSoftbody.cs(27,30): error CS0115: 'ObiSoftbody.surfaceCollisions': no suitable method found to override

I've updated the ObiActor script in Obi\Scripts\Common\Actors as I thought that contains surfaceCollisions, but I still receive the error. Any suggestions?
(03-03-2021, 07:43 PM)fluidman84 Wrote: I am attempting to introduce the ObiSoftbody components into a project that contains Obi Cloth. I've updated both packages to the current (6.0.1) versions, but for some reason still receiving an error.  

Code:
Assets\Obi\Scripts\Softbody\Actors\ObiSoftbody.cs(27,30): error CS0115: 'ObiSoftbody.surfaceCollisions': no suitable method found to override

I've updated the ObiActor script in Obi\Scripts\Common\Actors as I thought that contains surfaceCollisions, but I still receive the error. Any suggestions?

Look at the “Changelog” files in the /Obi/ folder, check that the version at the top of both files is 6.0.1. The package manager has a bug that installs an older, cached version of the asset despite showing a newer version in the UI. I’ve been bit by this one before.

If the changelogs both have the same version at the top, let me know so that I can investigate further! Cheers,
That appears to have been exactly the issue! All packs have been updated to 6.0.1 and everything working. 

Thanks for the quick support.