Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I change obi soft body on unity 2020.1.17f1

I change obi solver but the ball become so rough,how can I change it and make ball more smooth
(03-03-2021, 12:16 PM)shiki1234 Wrote:
I change obi solver but the ball become so rough,how can I change it and make ball more smooth
Hi there!

You can't change the scale of deformable objects at runtime, as it does not make any mathematical sense. This applies not only to Obi but to deformable objects in general, in any engine.

It's not mathematically possible to fully determine a deformable object's size, rotation or position using a single matrix. Think about it: if you bend, stretch or compress the object, has its size changed? has it rotated? maybe its position has changed, but with respect to what point? A single affine matrix can only transform rigid objects.

At runtime, all you can do is scale the vector space in which the simulation takes place. In Obi this is done by scaling the solver like you do in the video. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html
In this case, you will need to re-bind the existing softbody skins after changing the scale, since the skin scaling is only applied to objects already instantiated.

If you need smaller individual objects, you need to generate a new blueprint out of that smaller object.
(03-03-2021, 01:05 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

You can't change the scale of deformable objects at runtime, as it does not make any mathematical sense. This applies not only to Obi but to deformable objects in general, in any engine.

It's not mathematically possible to fully determine a deformable object's size, rotation or position using a single matrix. Think about it: if you bend, stretch or compress the object, has its size changed? has it rotated? maybe its position has changed, but with respect to what point? A single affine matrix can only transform rigid objects.

At runtime, all you can do is scale the vector space in which the simulation takes place. In Obi this is done by scaling the solver like you do in the video. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html
In this case, you will need to re-bind the existing softbody skins after changing the scale, since the skin scaling is only applied to objects already instantiated.

If you need smaller individual objects, you need to generate a new blueprint out of that smaller object.
I got it,but my fps is too low,when I make it smaller in blueprint ,how can I improve my performance by changing attributes on blueprint?[Image: GcSK0kb]

(04-03-2021, 04:47 AM)shiki1234 Wrote: I got it,but my fps is too low,when I make it smaller in blueprint ,how can I improve my performance by changing attributes on blueprint?[Image: GcSK0kb]

[Image: 1614829868x1700338588.png]