Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Moving?
(04-03-2021, 09:50 AM)zero16832 Wrote: thx for your help!

other question it: when i move the softbody use (addforce) or (change the softbody.solver.velocities) the softbody shaking a lot. why?

Hi!

I can't reproduce this either, in the sample project you sent you're using AddForce to move the softbody forward but it does not shake at all. It just moves forward. Can you illustrate what you mean (a video, gif, or something)?
(05-03-2021, 10:38 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

I can't reproduce this either, in the sample project you sent you're using AddForce to move the softbody forward but it does not shake at all. It just moves forward. Can you illustrate what you mean (a video, gif, or something)?

I send you the new demo(check in your email) that you can see when the bus move,it will shake.

thx for your help!
(05-03-2021, 02:18 PM)zero16832 Wrote: I send you the new demo(check in your email) that you can see when the bus move,it will shake.

thx for your help!

Hi there,

Sorry, I don't see anything shaking.  Indeciso  I can't see any unwanted shaking/jitter at all, here's what happens when I execute your new demo:

The softbody movement is perfectly smooth both in the scene and the game view. Deploying to the device yields the same results.
(05-03-2021, 02:39 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Sorry, I don't see anything shaking.  Indeciso  I can't see any unwanted shaking/jitter at all, here's what happens when I execute your new demo:

The softbody movement is perfectly smooth both in the scene and the game view. Deploying to the device yields the same results.

you can see in 0:31~0:34 it have some shake on bus body
Do you mean the translation gizmo?

I don't think the bus is shaking at all, but the translation gizmo the softbody is not interpolated like particles are. It uses the actual particle positions reported by the physics engine at the end of the last fixed timestep.

So you will see the translation gizmo in "stop motion", since it is only updated in FixedUpdate, while particle positions are interpolated (if interpolation is enabled). Remember that FixedUpdate() and Update() are called at different frequencies. This is just how physics interpolation works, it's completely normal and can't be avoided.

Does it cause any issues in the game itself?