Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tearable Cloth Demo Error
Hello,

There's an error that appears in the tearable cloth demo using the burst backend for the solver. Any help please?
I'm using Unity 2020.1.17f1 and the latest version of Obi Cloth.
[Image: mlgFqV2.png]
(13-02-2021, 06:21 PM)hecali_aj Wrote: Hello,

There's an error that appears in the tearable cloth demo using the burst backend for the solver. Any help please?
I'm using Unity 2020.1.17f1 and the latest version of Obi Cloth.
[Image: mlgFqV2.png]

Hi there!

I’m unable to reproduce this, same Unity version, Obi 6.0.
- What Obi version are you using? Latest is 6.0, but it’s just been released so just making sure it’s not 5.6.2 you're referring to.
- What version of the Burst, Jobs, Mathematics and Collections packages are you using?

From the error message, the “UNKNOWN_OBJECT_TYPE” in place of the actual type stands out, as the type it refers to is a simple NativeArray<float4>. Could this hint at some issue with the Collections package?
Hi,

Got to reproduce it. Thanks for reporting this!
Attached you'll find the patch. In your project, replace BurstSolverImpl.cs and BurstColliderWorld.cs with the attached ones. That should get rid of the error.

Let me know how it goes,

Attached Files
.cs   BurstColliderWorld.cs (Size: 24.99 KB / Downloads: 2)
.cs   BurstSolverImpl.cs (Size: 39.29 KB / Downloads: 2)
(14-02-2021, 03:42 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Got to reproduce it. Thanks for reporting this!
Attached you'll find the patch. In your project, replace BurstSolverImpl.cs and BurstColliderWorld.cs with the attached ones. That should get rid of the error.

Let me know how it goes,

I was about to report this - several of the cloth demos failed. I can confirm those 2 scripts fixed the issue.
(15-02-2021, 05:57 PM)StudioTatsu Wrote: I was about to report this - several of the cloth demos failed. I can confirm those 2 scripts fixed the issue.

The error slipped trough because we passed tests with the Burst safety checks disabled (that we generally disable for performance reasons, but forgot to reenable them before passing tests). The fix will be rolled out to the store this week.

Thanks! Sonrisa