Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Cloudiness at Obi Fluid 6.0
Hi, I updated Obi Fluid from 5.3 to 6.0.
And I'm surprising at Fluid Renderer parameters.
However, new Obi Fluid can use no longer the cloudiness of DielectricFluid material?

It was useful for white liquid or black background.
Additive blending is difference to cloudiness...

I think it is best that Absorption option can be used for white color.
(13-02-2021, 05:06 PM)asimofu_ok Wrote: Hi, I updated Obi Fluid from 5.3 to 6.0.
And I'm surprising at Fluid Renderer parameters.
However, new Obi Fluid can use no longer the cloudiness of DielectricFluid material?

It was useful for white liquid or black background.
Additive blending is difference to cloudiness...

Hi there,

Cloudiness was replaced by the ability to blend between opaque and transparent fluid (alpha blending), which is more physically correct since an additive term in the lighting equation is closer to emission than it is to cloudiness.

If you want to have white opaque-ish liquid, just lower transparency.

(13-02-2021, 05:06 PM)asimofu_ok Wrote: I think it is best that Absorption option can be used for white color.

Absorption is multiplicative, multiplying any color by white yields the original color. For this reason absorption can't "work" with white, as white absorption means no light wavelength is absorbed by the fluid (all light passes trough).
(13-02-2021, 08:18 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Cloudiness was replaced by the ability to blend between opaque and transparent fluid (alpha blending), which is more physically correct since an additive term in the lighting equation is closer to emission than it is to cloudiness.

If you want to have white opaque-ish liquid, just lower transparency.

Absorption is multiplicative, multiplying any color by white yields the original color. For this reason absorption can't "work" with white, as white absorption means no light wavelength is absorbed by the fluid (all light passes trough).

Thank you for fast replying.

I think I need to find something close method.