Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Solver Error
Figured I'd begin a new thread as this isn't strictly related to the grabbing issue Jose helped me with recently. I woke up this morning to the following console error:

Code:
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryGetValue (TKey key, TValue& value) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
Obi.ObiTriangleMeshContainer.GetOrCreateTriangleMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh source) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiTriangleMeshContainer.cs:78)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.GetOrCreateTriangleMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh mesh) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:229)
Obi.ObiMeshShapeTracker.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/Trackers3D/ObiMeshShapeTracker.cs:38)
Obi.ObiColliderBase.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderBase.cs:189)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.UpdateWorld () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:362)
Obi.ObiUpdater.BeginStep (System.Single stepDeltaTime) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:40)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:54)

It's throwing from the solver that handles the grapple rope, but no changes were made to the rope recently, only to the grappling hook, and the particle attachment was redirected to that new model. The rope isn't simulating and it's preventing other scripts from executing, any ideas?
This is a known bug in 5.X, fixed in Obi 6.0.

Happens when you have a ObiCollider + MeshCollider in the scene, but the mesh for the MeshCollider is null. Simply make sure your MeshCollider has a valid mesh.
(13-02-2021, 03:59 PM)josemendez Wrote: This is a known bug in 5.X, fixed in Obi 6.0.

Happens when you have a ObiCollider + MeshCollider in the scene, but the mesh for the MeshCollider is null. Simply make sure your MeshCollider has a valid mesh.

Quick and painless, it was a different object I hadn't noticed. Thanks!