Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Booster Pack ripping?
Pregunta 
Hi, in our game we have card booster packs, that the user can open.
Currently its just an animation, but it would be so satisfying if the user could rip the booster pack open like a real one.

After some googling on how to approach this problem, I found this plugin.
Would this be possible with Obi Cloth? I wanted to try it out, but paying full price to just test and probably seeing that it doesn't work / doesn't look right is to risky for me.

So developers / users, tell me: Do you think this would be a possible way? The booster pack currently exists as a 3D model, and pre rendered sprite Guiño
PS: It must work on Android and iOS

Greetings from Germany!
(07-02-2021, 11:47 PM)Noblauch Wrote: Hi, in our game we have card booster packs, that the user can open.
Currently its just an animation, but it would be so satisfying if the user could rip the booster pack open like a real one.

After some googling on how to approach this problem, I found this plugin.
Would this be possible with Obi Cloth? I wanted to try it out, but paying full price to just test and probably seeing that it doesn't work / doesn't look right is to risky for me.

So developers / users, tell me: Do you think this would be a possible way? The booster pack currently exists as a 3D model, and pre rendered sprite Guiño
PS: It must work on Android and iOS

Greetings from Germany!

Hi there!

Imho using cloth simulation for this is overkill, specially on mobile devices. Deformable physics simulation is generally quite expensive, so I'd stay away from it unless there's strong presence of cloth in the game or it is part of the gameplay.

cheers!