Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Build shader error
unity 2020.2.1f1
webgl

(16-01-2021, 09:45 AM)TheFlyHawk Wrote: unity 2020.2.1f1
webgl

Hi there,
WebGL is not among the supported platforms, which are clearly stated in both the asset description in the store and our faq/manual.
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/

The technical reason for this that both simulation backends (Oni and Burst) make heavy use of multithreading, which has traditionally not been available in WebGL. Unity has recently switched from asm.js to webasm for WebGL, and multithreading support is now in experimental state, so there’s a chance that Obi (and other multithreaded software) will be able to run in WebGL in the near future.
(16-01-2021, 10:12 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,
WebGL is not among the supported platforms, which are clearly stated in both the asset description in the store and our faq/manual.
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/

The technical reason for this that both simulation backends (Oni and Burst) make heavy use of multithreading, which has traditionally not been available in WebGL. Unity has recently switched from asm.js to webasm for WebGL, and multithreading support is now in experimental state, so there’s a chance that Obi (and other multithreaded software) will be able to run in WebGL in the near future.

Hi Jose,

I'm Building for Android on Unity 2020.2.1f and I'm getting the exact same errors as in the screenshot for the litpartcles shader. Is that shader even required though for a simple rope? Can I delete it?
(22-01-2021, 04:13 AM)Navvv Wrote: Hi Jose,

I'm Building for Android on Unity 2020.2.1f and I'm getting the exact same errors as in the screenshot for the litpartcles shader. Is that shader even required though for a simple rope? Can I delete it?

Attaching a screenshot of the errors. I'm using the latest Obi version.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(22-01-2021, 05:21 AM)Navvv Wrote: Attaching a screenshot of the errors. I'm using the latest Obi version.

Hi,

You can safely delete this shader, as it's only used in one of the sample scenes for spark rendering. Not used anywhere else. Still, these are quite weird errors, since UnityObjectToViewPos  is declared and takes exactly 1 parameter: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-Built...tions.html
(22-01-2021, 09:30 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

You can safely delete this shader, as it's only used in one of the sample scenes for spark rendering. Not used anywhere else. Still, these are quite weird errors, since UnityObjectToViewPos  is declared and takes exactly 1 parameter: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-Built...tions.html

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your response. I deleted the shader and those errors went away. However, I also had a couple of other errors as well for the ObiLightingURP.cginc file. Screenshot attached. This one seems pretty important so I don't think I can delete it? Not sure what's going on. I reimported ObiRope but the error persists.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(22-01-2021, 11:13 PM)Navvv Wrote: Hi Jose,

Thanks for your response. I deleted the shader and those errors went away. However, I also had a couple of other errors as well for the ObiLightingURP.cginc file. Screenshot attached. This one seems pretty important so I don't think I can delete it? Not sure what's going on. I reimported ObiRope but the error persists.

If you’re not using URP, you should delete the Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP folder. It contains shaders compatible with URP, but they won’t build using the built-in pipeline. See the manual page on fluid rendering for more info.
(23-01-2021, 01:07 AM)josemendez Wrote: If you’re not using URP, you should delete the Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP folder. It contains shaders compatible with URP, but they won’t build using the built-in pipeline. See the manual page on fluid rendering for more info.

That fixed it. Working beautifully now, thanks!