Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDRP materials
Just getting started with this, while I can change all the materials in the samples for HDRP, they are always silver (even turning off Screen space reflections doesn't help)

Does anyone know what noob mistake I am making here?
(02-01-2021, 05:58 AM)Springloaded Wrote: Just getting started with this, while I can change all the materials in the samples for HDRP, they are always silver (even turning off Screen space reflections doesn't help)

Does anyone know what noob mistake I am making here?

Hi there,

I don’t see how is this related to ObiCloth or how we might be able to help... maybe the Unity forums could help?

Obi Cloth is only responsible for the physics simulation, no rendering/material management of any kind is involved. This is all done by the render pipeline of your choice (in this case, HDRP)

Edit: based on my experience with hdrp, you might want to increase your light’s intensity considerably. The standard pipeline intensity values are way too low and will result in only specular probe data being visible, making everything look oddly dark and shiny. This is a shot in the dark though (no pun intended)
(02-01-2021, 10:04 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

I don’t see how is this related to ObiCloth or how we might be able to help... maybe the Unity forums could help?

Obi Cloth is only responsible for the physics simulation, no rendering/material management of any kind is involved. This is all done by the render pipeline of your choice (in this case, HDRP)

Edit: based on my experience with hdrp, you might want to increase your light’s intensity considerably. The standard pipeline intensity values are way too low and will result in only specular probe data being visible, making everything look oddly dark and shiny. This is a shot in the dark though (no pun intended)

great thanks! I was just trying to work with the sample scenes, I didnt realize that the sim and the materials were entirely separate. Thanks