Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AR Fluid Dynamics Issues
When running an application in AR, I am filling a beaker with fluid to mix with another beakers. 
When I try dumping my beaker with fluids into the other one, the fluids do no "pour" they behave as if they were upright and not moving. 

Any settings I am missing?
(30-12-2020, 12:11 AM)nskok Wrote: When running an application in AR, I am filling a beaker with fluid to mix with another beakers. 
When I try dumping my beaker with fluids into the other one, the fluids do no "pour" they behave as if they were upright and not moving. 

Any settings I am missing?

My guess is that you’re moving the solver, not the beaker (or, your beaker is the solver). Simulation is performed in solver space, as stated in the manual: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html

You want to pour fluid on the beaker, then move the beaker, not the solver. The solver must exist elsewhere on the scene, if you place it on the beaker then you’re translating/rotating the simulation space together with it: gravity will be rotated together with the beaker, and no inertial forces will take effect on the fluid. Take a look at the FluidBucket sample scene for a working example.

Since you’re working with 3D, I assume you’re familiar with the concept of vector spaces...am I making sense?

Cheers!
(30-12-2020, 09:19 AM)josemendez Wrote: My guess is that you’re moving the solver, not the beaker (or, your beaker is the solver). Simulation is performed in solver space, as stated in the manual: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html

You want to pour fluid on the beaker, then move the beaker, not the solver. The solver must exist elsewhere on the scene, if you place it on the beaker then you’re translating/rotating the simulation space together with it: gravity will be rotated together with the beaker, and no inertial forces will take effect on the fluid. Take a look at the FluidBucket sample scene for a working example.

Since you’re working with 3D, I assume you’re familiar with the concept of vector spaces...am I making sense?

Cheers!

You were exactly right. I had things parented incorrectly was moving the solver.

Thanks for the assistance!