Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  SimpleFluid doesn't render on android cardboard vr
Pregunta 
For simple fluid, the simple particles renders in editor but when build to android cardboard vr it doesn't render. I'm using unity version 2019.4.12f and google cardboard xr plugin for unity (https://github.com/googlevr/cardboard-xr-plugin).

Attached is the android log. From this log <Created eye textures with a "separate" layout. The "multi-pass" stereo mode will be used.> seems like multi-pass was used. 

The cardboard xr plugin does not have any option to change to muti pass or single pass, so I'm not sure what they use. I still tried to split it to two camera for each eye but when I build it, both camera doesn't render anything.

I've added the project file here.(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1blsqaYd...sp=sharing) For "SimpleFluid 1 Camera" scene, I just change the camera from the original simple fluid scene to work with the xr-plugin. "SimpleFluid Separate Eye" scene is the one where there are 2 camera, one for each eye.
Does obi fluid not work with OpenGLES2 graphic API for mobile? Tried it with the depreciated Google VR sdk, for OpenGLES2 particles doesn't render, whereas for OpenGLES3 particles are rendered.
(23-12-2020, 12:59 PM)Hanyi Wrote: Does obi fluid not work with OpenGLES2 graphic API for mobile? Tried it with the depreciated Google VR sdk, for OpenGLES2 particles doesn't render, whereas for OpenGLES3 particles are rendered.

Hi,

Fluid rendering requires access to depth/floating point textures which aren't supported in ES2. OpenGLES3 or Metal is required.

If any of the required texture formats are not supported by the rendering API being used, an error message will be output to the application's log.
(23-12-2020, 01:01 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Fluid rendering requires access to depth/floating point textures which aren't supported in ES2. OpenGLES3 or Metal is required.

If any of the required texture formats are not supported by the rendering API being used, an error message will be output to the application's log.

Got it, thanks for the reply