Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  I want to make it so that I can grab the torn stiff cloth without any problem.
Hi. I am using obi-cloth now. Thank you for making a good eset.
But I want to make the function I want, but it doesn't work. I'd like to ask you a few questions.
What I want is simply that I can grab the stiff cloth myself and want to tear it if I pull it with constant force.

Exclamación  First,
I want to make the fabric quite stiff. Now, I've adjusted the band, distance, and gravity values in Obi Solver's Constraints to some extent.
But it's moving like a cloth. The value I set is as below.

Obi Solver->
Damping 0.99

Obi Solver Constraints ->
Distance - Evaluation : Sequential, Iterations : 20, Relaxation : 1.
Bending - Evaluation : Parallel, Iterations : 15, Relaxation : 1
Collision - Evaluation : Parallel, iterations : 20, Relaxation : 1

Everything else is disabled.

Obi Tearable Cloth is the same as the default setting. I wonder how I can make it more stiff.

Exclamación  second,
I want to simplify the fabric's drooping. If I pull with a certain force, I want to tear it apart.
I made it using CollisionEventHandler of Collision callbacks, and ObiContactGrabber for this.

Obi Tearable Cloth setting->
Tear Compliance : 5000
Tear rate : 1
Tear debilitation : 0

It's easy to get caught, but... I think it's so easy to tear the fabric because I focused on one unit of fabric.
Can you tell me how to correct it?

Exclamación third.

Too much cloth makes too much crumbs. I want to know how to tear it in that direction if there is a tear side.
Please give me a good answer. Thank you!
(08-01-2021, 09:32 AM)k2xh0115 Wrote: I want to make the fabric quite stiff. Now, I've adjusted the band, distance, and gravity values in Obi Solver's Constraints to some extent.
But it's moving like a cloth. The value I set is as below.

Hi,

Obi is designed to simulate deformable bodies. While ou can make things arbitrarily stiff by increasing the amount of iterations/substeps, this has an associated performance cost (this page explains how the simulation works in great detail: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...gence.html). Also keep in mind that substeps are much more effective than more iterations when it comes to improving convergence (making things more stiff). You might want to use 20 substeps instead of 20 iterations.

Making really rigid cloth (like a metal sheet, for instance) is extremely costly though, it's not something Obi was designed for. A rigidbody engine should be used for mostly rigid objects.

Quote:It's easy to get caught, but... I think it's so easy to tear the fabric because I focused on one unit of fabric.
Can you tell me how to correct it?

If you're using a contact grabber for this, there will be no two-way interaction between the cloth and the input. Cloth particles will follow the grabber wherever it goes and won't resist pulling at all, hence the cloth will tear quite easily since you're applying the equivalent of infinite force when moving particles.

Have you tried using ObiParticleDragger instead (which uses the mouse to apply a spring force to particles), or any force-based method?

Quote:Too much cloth makes too much crumbs. I want to know how to tear it in that direction if there is a tear side.
Please give me a good answer. Thank you!

I don't really understand this question...what do you mean by " I want to know how to tear it in that direction if there is a tear side."?

kind regards
(08-01-2021, 10:20 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Obi is designed to simulate deformable bodies. While ou can make things arbitrarily stiff by increasing the amount of iterations/substeps, this has an associated performance cost (this page explains how the simulation works in great detail: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...gence.html). Also keep in mind that substeps are much more effective than more iterations when it comes to improving convergence (making things more stiff). You might want to use 20 substeps instead of 20 iterations.

Making really rigid cloth (like a metal sheet, for instance) is extremely costly though, it's not something Obi was designed for. A rigidbody engine should be used for mostly rigid objects.

If you're using a contact grabber for this, there will be no two-way interaction between the cloth and the input. Cloth particles will follow the grabber wherever it goes and won't resist pulling at all, hence the cloth will tear quite easily since you're applying the equivalent of infinite force when moving particles.

Have you tried using ObiParticleDragger instead (which uses the mouse to apply a spring force to particles), or any force-based method?

I don't really understand this question...what do you mean by " I want to know how to tear it in that direction if there is a tear side."?

kind regards

Thanks to you, I was able to make what I wanted to make.  Sonrisa