Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emitter Visibility
When create an emitter, there is no visible emitter in the scene, just direction arrows, so I am unable to scale my emitter 
How do I make the emitter visible like in tutorials?
(16-12-2020, 03:02 AM)nskok Wrote: When create an emitter, there is no visible emitter in the scene, just direction arrows, so I am unable to scale my emitter 
How do I make the emitter visible like in tutorials?

If you haven’t added any ObiEmitterShape anywhere in the scene, the emitter will just be a point in space. Most sample scenes use either ObiEmitterShapeEdge or ObiEmitterShapeDisk. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...tters.html

You can have as many shapes connected to a single emitter as you want, the emitter will spawn particles from them all. Note that even if you have some shapes for your emitter, they're drawn as gizmos so they abide by the rules set in Unity's gizmos dropdown: if you have gizmo rendering disabled, they will be invisible.

Also keep in mind that scaling a emitter is no good in most cases: it will compress/expand the surface trough which particles are emitted, causing pressure spikes/gaps. Change the size of the emitter shape instead.
(16-12-2020, 08:29 AM)josemendez Wrote: If you haven’t added any ObiEmitterShape anywhere in the scene, the emitter will just be a point in space. Most sample scenes use either ObiEmitterShapeEdge or ObiEmitterShapeDisk. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...tters.html

You can have as many shapes connected to a single emitter as you want, the emitter will spawn particles from them all. Note that even if you have some shapes for your emitter, they're drawn as gizmos so they abide by the rules set in Unity's gizmos dropdown: if you have gizmo rendering disabled, they will be invisible.

Also keep in mind that scaling a emitter is no good in most cases: it will compress/expand the surface trough which particles are emitted, causing pressure spikes/gaps. Change the size of the emitter shape instead.

I have the emitter established as a sphere, and it does emit, but again cannot see the gizmo. The gizmo is enabled.
(16-12-2020, 11:26 PM)nskok Wrote: I have the emitter established as a sphere, and it does emit, but again cannot see the gizmo. The gizmo is enabled.

Is the shape component unfolded? Folded components won’t draw gizmos.