Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to put the water into the cup beforehand
already water in the container

.png   20201213123232.png (Size: 26.68 KB / Downloads: 53)
(13-12-2020, 05:36 AM)TheFlyHawk Wrote: already water in the container

Hi there,

Just use BURST emission mode together with a volumetric shape emitter (ObiEmitterShapeCube, ObiEmitterShapeMesh, etc, or write your own in case of need). See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...tters.html

Quote:Emission method

Emitters can use one of two emission methods:

Stream:
Particles will be constantly emitted, as long as there's at least Min pool size particles in the pool.

Burst:
One particle for each of the emitter shape's distribution points will be generated in a single burst.
I didn't achieve it

Can you record the current state, and then load it next time
(10-01-2021, 02:56 AM)TheFlyHawk Wrote: I didn't achieve it

Can you record the current state, and then load it next time

You can store all particle positions in a blueprint and then load them, using emitter.SaveStateToBlueprint() and emitter.LoadBlueprint(). However this can result in pressure spikes in the case of fluids, as fluid density is not guaranteed to be equal to rest density at startup.

Using ObiEmitterShapeMesh.cs (VoxelMesh component) and burst emission mode is both simpler and more robust. Here's a beaker mesh starting out filled with particles (I used a slightly smaller version of the beaker mesh to generate the particles inside of it):

[Image: A41XHsE.png]
Thanks, very helpful
(11-01-2021, 10:21 AM)josemendez Wrote: You can store all particle positions in a blueprint and then load them, using emitter.SaveStateToBlueprint() and emitter.LoadBlueprint(). However this can result in pressure spikes in the case of fluids, as fluid density is not guaranteed to be equal to rest density at startup.

Using ObiEmitterShapeMesh.cs (VoxelMesh component) and burst emission mode is both simpler and more robust. Here's a beaker mesh starting out filled with particles (I used a slightly smaller version of the beaker mesh to generate the particles inside of it):

[Image: A41XHsE.png]
When using burst it only emits 44 particles. How can I increase this number?

These are my settings capcity 500 resolution 0.18
In BURST emission mode, it will emit one particle per spawn point in the shape. That's what it is for: a single burst of particles from the emitter shape.

How many points there are in the shape is controlled by the fluid resolution: more resolution, more spawn points per volume/surface unit.