Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How can I achieve these results? (character clothing problem)
Lengua 
Heya guys!
I have a layered skirt, currently stuck on the very first layer out of 3.
The problem is that the top part of the skirt is supposed to be held in place, unsimulated even:

[Image: fnSVoxE.png]

In red - how the skirt is supposed to sit on her body, the upper part is partly metallic and is supposed to hold the entire upper ring of the skirt close to her body.

In orange - what happens when I press play, the upper part gets pulled down, it also does so in somewhat of a meshy-mess, in this picture you can also see why I'm using obi cloth in the first place - the character's legs are going to interact with the skirt in most animations and I wanted them to not clip through it.

In green - The two meshes separated, as you can see I have the skirt as another object, I've separated them after I saw that the clothing in the demo scene is separated, another reason that it has to sit well on the character is that the character has no modelled abdomen, since with the way the clothes are designed you're not supposed to ever see it either way.

I've tried watching the character cloth basics video, I've also tried tethering that part of the dress, but nothing has worked so far,
can someone point me in the right direction to simulate this, so that I can continue to simulating the other layers of the skirt?
Thank you for your time!~♪
Hi!

For the top part of the dress to stay in place, simply optimize out these particles. That part of the dress won't be simulated. See "Optimize selection" here: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html

In orange: looks like scaling issues. Check that the dress transform hierarchy isn't scaling it down. Could also be a collision issue, but it's hard to tell just by looking at the pic. Taking a look at the actual character prefab structure would be much more useful. Would be possible for you to share your character with us?

For the cloth to stop going trough the legs, using skin constraints (specifically, backstop and backstop radius) should be enough, given that the skirt is already skinned to the same skeleton as the body. (http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html)

Let me know if you need further guidance with this.

cheers!