Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I disable all Obi's scripts? (for performance)
I'm testing out my mobile game and it's very sloppy at the moment.

I am looking at ways to improve the performance

I tried disabling all 4 solvers, their emitters (and all their scripts), the particle renderers (from ObiFluidRenderer).
It seems that this strategy doesn't work because I still get lots of computations in Fixed Update from Obi scripts.

Basically, I would like the Obi scripts to work only on short periods of time, only when a fluid is shown (and never otherwise).

How can I disable all scripts from Obi Fluid, so that I don't see any of them in the Profiler? (Or maybe disable the very first Obi script which triggers all other scripts)
(08-12-2020, 07:27 PM)emz06 Wrote: I'm testing out my mobile game and it's very sloppy at the moment.

I am looking at ways to improve the performance

I tried disabling all 4 solvers, their emitters (and all their scripts), the particle renderers (from ObiFluidRenderer).
It seems that this strategy doesn't work because I still get lots of computations in Fixed Update from Obi scripts.

Basically, I would like the Obi scripts to work only on short periods of time, only when a fluid is shown (and never otherwise).

How can I disable all scripts from Obi Fluid, so that I don't see any of them in the Profiler? (Or maybe disable the very first Obi script which triggers all other scripts)

Disable the ObiFixedUpdater component in your scene. Obi will stop executing entirely. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...cture.html