Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLUID HEAD LEVEL NOT CORRECT
hello Developers
first, I want to thank you for this great tool, i have purchased it so i can try to teach students about fluid mechanics in class, thank you for the great work.

I have an issue with a fluid level when it gets in a U shaped tube, I made a 180mm diameter tube with fluid dropped into it, from one side and both sides are open, all my purpose is using this tool is to show water level heads in an open tube to be equal plus other stuff in fluid, but the first trial i made this you will see in attachment one, the water head level never matches, i tried your sample sene the faucet and bucket which is huge in scale by the way, so I did scale my U tube 3.15 times to match your scene but still the level is showing not exact match as you will see in attachments 2 with a green straight bar in frontĀ 
is there a solution to this
thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.png   1_normalscaleutubeglasswaterlevelc.PNG (Size: 55.18 KB / Downloads: 19)
(05-12-2020, 05:55 PM)sunnymoon82 Wrote: hello Developers
first, I want to thank you for this great tool, i have purchased it so i can try to teach students about fluid mechanics in class, thank you for the great work.

I have an issue with a fluid level when it gets in a U shaped tube, I made a 180mm diameter tube with fluid dropped into it, from one side and both sides are open, all my purpose is using this tool is to show water level heads in an open tube to be equal plus other stuff in fluid, but the first trial i made this you will see in attachment one, the water head level never matches, i tried your sample sene the faucet and bucket which is huge in scale by the way, so I did scale my U tube 3.15 times to match your scene but still the level is showing not exact match as you will see in attachments 2 with a green straight bar in frontĀ 
is there a solution to this
thank you

Hi there,

I'm unable to reproduce this. Have you by any chance tilted the ObiSolver component? Simulation is performed in solver space, so if you tilt the solver gravity won't point down. Either set the solver rotation to zero, or pass the gravity in world space.

kind regards,