Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce triangles appearing at tearable cloth edges
What parameters can be modified to reduce these jagged edges that appear on the edges of my tearable cloth? 

I don't think they're tears - they move all over and aren't constant. There's also some narrowing of the cloth that appears unrealistic in some places, near the corners and along the edges.

I've attached images of my settings so far. Here:

You can also see the edge spikes/triangles.

My desired behavior is just like the sail in the sample project. However, copying those settings leads to my mesh ballooning out into infinite.

(05-12-2020, 05:27 PM)mikemikemike Wrote: What parameters can be modified to reduce these jagged edges that appear on the edges of my tearable cloth? 

I don't think they're tears - they move all over and aren't constant. There's also some narrowing of the cloth that appears unrealistic in some places, near the corners and along the edges.

I've attached images of my settings so far. Here:

You can also see the edge spikes/triangles.

My desired behavior is just like the sail in the sample project. However, copying those settings leads to my mesh ballooning out into infinite.

Here's some examples of the weird behavior I'm getting if I use the exact same settings on my sail as the sail in the sample. Surely there's some difference, but I'm not sure where to look.

Looks like your mesh is non-manifold (only 2-manifold meshes are supported by Obi), it has scaling issues, or both. I'd lean towards scaling issues.

This is just speculation based on the screenshots you sent, I can't tell for sure without taking a look at the actual mesh. Would it be possible for you to send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com for me to take a look? thanks!
(07-12-2020, 09:16 AM)josemendez Wrote: Looks like your mesh is non-manifold (only 2-manifold meshes are supported by Obi), it has scaling issues, or both. I'd lean towards scaling issues.

This is just speculation based on the screenshots you sent, I can't tell for sure without taking a look at the actual mesh. Would it be possible for you to send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com for me to take a look? thanks!

Will do after work. Thanks Jose, appreciate your help!