Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shader based fluid simulation
Hi, I've seen a forum post and a YouTube video for a shader based fluid simulator made by virtual method. Is it available yet? I'm impressed by the video and wish to purchase the asset as it will easily implement a planned feature for my product
(01-12-2020, 06:45 AM)arkanis Wrote: Hi, I've seen a forum post and a YouTube video for a shader based fluid simulator made by virtual method. Is it available yet? I'm impressed by the video and wish to purchase the asset as it will easily implement a planned feature for my product

Hi Arkanis,

This project is in limbo currently. There's several reasons for it:

- Being a simulation performed in texture space, continuity at UV seams is really hard to get right.
- No support yet for skinned meshes.
- No support for URP or HDRP, built-in pipeline only.

These 3 points involve a considerable amount of work (which I haven't had the time to do yet) and are a must in terms of robustness. Can't make a viable product out of it as it is right now.

I have no problems sharing the shader in its current state with you if you need, but unless your use case is really simple chances are it won't be of much help. Let me know your email so I can send it to you.