Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Cloth failing to import to Unity
Hi there,

I wonder if you can help. I purchase Obi Cloth (I am using Unity 2020.1.14) Downloads the package fine from the asset store but Unity won't let me import it in. I get "are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?" 

Thanks 

Will
Hi Will,

That seems to be only part of an error message. What's the full error you're getting?
Hi Jose, 

Thanks for coming back to me. I get 19 errors. They all seem to be similar. We are building in HDRP could that be an issue? 

Thanks

Will

Hi there,

There's some more errors in the console prior to the ones referring to Obi. Once there's a compilation error in your project, it can cascade down anything that's compiled after it (missing dependencies, namespaces, etc), be it Obi or any other scripts in your project. All errors need to be fixed for the compilation to finish, and the game to run at all. This seems to be the culprit:

Quote:"Could not load signature of VisualDesignCafe.Nature.Editor.ShaderGraph [...] could not load Unity.ShaderGraph.Editor or one of its dependencies".
"Fatal error: could not load Shader Graph"
[Image: attachment.php?aid=816]

It's an error with the Shader Graph editor, unfortunately I can't help you with that (I'm not that familiar with Shader Graph  Triste, as I tend to dislike visual scripting). I'd try posting this error in the Unity forums, maybe they will be able to help you there.
Thanks Juan,

Reverted to an earlier save and all errors are gone. Obi Cloth doesn't work though. I'll keep you posted when I find a fix.

Many thanks for your time.

Will