Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  I want to shake what I attached to the rod
I am always grateful for your help.
This asset is so great!

I want to attach a sphere to the tip of an antenna made of rods.
I'm glad if the sphere sways according to the movement of the tip of the rod.
At the base of the rod is a square robot. Connected with obi particle attachment.

Currently, the spheres are connected by obi particle attachments, but there are two options: stay in place or fall with a rigid body.

I'm sorry I'm a beginner, but I'd be happy if you could get an answer.Thank you.
(26-11-2020, 05:18 AM)nyame Wrote: I am always grateful for your help.
This asset is so great!

I want to attach a sphere to the tip of an antenna made of rods.
I'm glad if the sphere sways according to the movement of the tip of the rod.
At the base of the rod is a square robot. Connected with obi particle attachment.

Currently, the spheres are connected by obi particle attachments, but there are two options: stay in place or fall with a rigid body.

I'm sorry I'm a beginner, but I'd be happy if you could get an answer.Thank you.

If I understood correctly, you want the sphere at the end of the rod to "wiggle" with it, right? Kinda like the "spring rod" sample scene.

This should work just by using a dynamic attachment, provided that the sphere is a rigidbody. Let me know if you hit any issues or have any problems using this.
(26-11-2020, 08:54 AM)josemendez Wrote: If I understood correctly, you want the sphere at the end of the rod to "wiggle" with it, right? Kinda like the "spring rod" sample scene.

This should work just by using a dynamic attachment, provided that the sphere is a rigidbody. Let me know if you hit any issues or have any problems using this.

You understand exactly!
I want to put a rod and sphere antenna on the head of a square robot and shake it cutely.

Should I connect the spheres with obi particle attachments and make the type dynamic?

The spheres moves violently and goes somewhere. 
Rigid body, obi rigid body, sphere collider, obi collider are set on the spheres.

I saw a "spring rod" sample scene, which is very similar to what I want to do.
The obi rope I'm using is 5.0 so I didn't understand...sorry.
It would be very helpful if you could give me a hint.Thank you.
(27-11-2020, 01:49 PM)nyame Wrote: [color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
Should I connect the spheres with obi particle attachments and make the type dynamic?

Exactly Sonrisa

(27-11-2020, 01:49 PM)nyame Wrote: The spheres moves violently and goes somewhere. 
[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Rigid body, obi rigid body, sphere collider, obi collider are set on the spheres.

Just make sure the end of the rod isn't set to collide with the sphere. This will result in a force-feedback loop, because collisions try to take the rod out of the sphere, but the attachment tries to get it back in. The solution is to use phases to filter out collisions between both.

This situation along with the solution is explained in the manual, read the last part of:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

In your case, setting the ObiCollider phase to 1 (the default phase for particles) should do it.
(27-11-2020, 02:06 PM)josemendez Wrote: Exactly Sonrisa

Just make sure the end of the rod isn't set to collide with the sphere. This will result in a force-feedback loop, because collisions try to take the rod out of the sphere, but the attachment tries to get it back in. The solution is to use phases to filter out collisions between both.

This situation along with the solution is explained in the manual, read the last part of:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

In your case, setting the ObiCollider phase to 1 (the default phase for particles) should do it.
I’ve done it! Thank you for your advice.

It seems that the sphere was in a bad mood because I didn't set "phase" and I put too much value in Obi Fixed Updater / Substeps of Obi solver.

I'm really happy that it's done!
Thank you for the wonderful assets.
(28-11-2020, 08:27 AM)nyame Wrote: [/b][/size][/color]... and I put too much value in Obi Fixed Updater / Substeps of Obi solver.

Try enabling the "Substep Unity physics" checkbox in the ObiFixedUpdater. This is needed if using rigidbodies together with multiple substeps. (see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aters.html)

(28-11-2020, 08:27 AM)nyame Wrote: I'm really happy that it's done!
Thank you for the wonderful assets.

Glad to hear