Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I use multiple Obi Solver per scene?
Since Obi Rope cannot work out of its parent Obi Solver
If I need to create different ropes to be parented within multiple different prefabs, is it recommended that I create multiple Obi Solvers and place them within the respective prefabs?
Or is it recommended that I use include Obi Solver per scene and put all Ropes within it?
(18-11-2020, 03:31 AM)selecthope Wrote: Since Obi Rope cannot work out of its parent Obi Solver
If I need to create different ropes to be parented within multiple different prefabs, is it recommended that I create multiple Obi Solvers and place them within the respective prefabs?
Or is it recommended that I use include Obi Solver per scene and put all Ropes within it?

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html

Quote:They can be added to any GameObject in your scene and there can be more than one solver working simultaneously in the same scene.

Solvers should generally be used to group actors spatially, since all actors inside the same solver are culled at once and the simulation takes place in the solver's local space, but this is not a hard rule. It entirely depends on your scene and organizational needs.

However, for most cases you want to make sure there's only one Updater in your scene (ObiFixedUpdater, ObiLateUpdater, or whichever you're using).

cheers!