Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Question before buying
I have one specific use case for Obi Fluid in mind, I have a character that uses fluids in a "special attack"

Is it possible to have the fluid remain on the ground after the emitter is turned off? I need to create a puddle that remains for a few seconds after the emission ends.
(05-11-2020, 02:20 AM)corballygames Wrote: I have one specific use case for Obi Fluid in mind, I have a character that uses fluids in a "special attack"

Is it possible to have the fluid remain on the ground after the emitter is turned off? I need to create a puddle that remains for a few seconds after the emission ends.

Hi there,

In this regard, fluid emitters work just like regular particle emitters: fluid has a "lifetime" (in seconds), so after being emitted, it will be visible for lifetime seconds, after which it will disappear and return to the emitter's pool for later re-emission.

Note that fluid simulation and rendering is really expensive, so you might want to make sure you have at least a couple milliseconds/frame left to spare. If this is only intended to be eye candy, faking it using a regular particle system will be much cheaper.